World Hepatitis Day 2011 - A huge success!
A big thank you to all those who took part in making this year’s World Hepatitis Day the most successful to date!
Together with over 200 patient groups from around the world we pledged our support to this global awareness event for chronic viral hepatitis B and C.Events around the UK, and the world, raised awareness, decreased stigma and encouraged people to find out more about the issues.
Below is a summary of some of the things that happened around the UK:
- Organisations all over the UK took part by holding local events in their communities
- The Hepatitis C Trust and Clear Channel rolled out a huge awareness campaign in the form of bus stop posters and billboards
- National and local press helped increase awareness by running newspaper articles across the country
- Dr. Steve Wiersma from the WHO and Lesley Jenkins from the Hepatitis C Trust appeared on the BBC world service radio
- David Cameron PM released a press release supporting the day
- Roche supported the day by providing an ice cream van offering free liver friendly delights to the public to raise awareness
Details of some of this years UK events can be found here
Details of The Great British C Party can be found here
World Hepatitis Day is coordinated by the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA) – a ‘by patients, for patients’ organisation – worldhepatitisalliance.org